This is the new(ish) amp Schlock our main guit man uses in rehearsal. The Vox AC4TV Mini 4W Class A Tube Amplifier.
It’s tiny. That other amp there is a Fender Frontman practice amp and behind the Vox is a guitar case. Yup, tiny but super noisy. Its max output is 4 watts of rich tubey goodness. But you can’t play it like that … gotta cut the wattage. Sounds great in a mic, and way easier than trying to get playroom volume level outta my 100w Sundown tuber. It’s an envy-inducing little box.
Anyway, here’s some specs:
- Controls: Tone, Volume, OP switch
- Output Level: 4 Watt, 1 Watt, 1/10th Watt
- Tube Complement: 1 x 12AX7 (pre), 1 x EL84 (power)
- Speaker: VOX Original 6.5″; 16 Ω
- In/Out Jacks: Input (¼’), External Speaker Jack (¼’)
- Output Power: 4 watt RMS 16Ω
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 260 x 280 x 170 mm / 10.24 x 11.02 x 6.69 inches
- Weight: 6.1 Kg / 13.45 lbs
- Power cable included
* * *
Otherwise, laid down some noises tonight and we’ll call it generally productive. Later.